Friday, May 29, 2020

Shihan EDP by Piotr Czarnecki

Today's grab was simply due to the color of the vial. The juice in this is a pretty soft rose pink color, and that was good enough for me. (Note: this is not the she version, but I suspect that also would have a pretty color.)

The Luckyscent notes for this are: whiskey, coffee, tobacco, pepper, cinnamon, incense, myrrh, spicy accord, ambrette, labdanum, benzoin, amber, musk.

In the vial, this has already intrigued me. It hits with the spices, the musk, a touch of amber, and a sly slide of whiskey.

On the skin: Oooooh! Um. I know it won't taste like it smells, but I really want to lick my arm right now. I adore, adore, adore a sexy but assertive fragrance that hints at being soft. One that says, "I've got some edges and mystery, but know how to cuddle." The cinnamon in this is smooth, really smooth, not hot or fiery or painful. I think it's the benzoin that is rounding this out, giving body, and smoothing the edges (benzoin is often used as a lighter amber note, to round things out or cream them up, and according to one website, benzoin has a sweet vanilla balsam woody vibe with a touch of resin). This has a hint of kick, a touch of spices and incense (making it feel slightly exotic without making me think I've come face to face with a tiger), and on the faaaaint back end of it all has a touch of what I call banana wood pulp. Slightly fruity, while standing in a hardwood forest.

As it dries, the myrrh comes forward a bit, which seems to add more layers and complexity at a time when many fragrances are beginning to thin out and tone down. The problem with that? Myrrh often comes across on me as halitosis breath. Here's this beautiful, rich, complex, rounded fragrance, and then waaaay underneath? Halitosis.

*sadness
*woe

Overall, I really do like this one. It has a lot of qualities I enjoy. It's rich and snuggly, but...if you get too close you may want to ask it to use some mouthwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment