Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Eau Duelle by Diptyque

I blind grabbed this morning, and have to admit that I was pretty happy when Eau Duelle was the pick. This is one I've loved for years, but I wanted to get another sample because I was (finally) feeling almost ready to buy a bottle, and I wanted to be sure (after having used up several other samples a while ago lol).

This time, though, the husband is on the journey with me, and I am very curious about his take.

According to Luckyscent, these are the notes (for the EDP version): pink peppercorn, juniper berry, cardamom, cypress, frankincense, calamus, Black ceylan tea, cistus, Bourbon vanilla, vanilla pod, vetyver, cypriol, ambroxin.

At first application, he sniffed, smiled, and said, "Oh! I like that!" Immediate pop of wood shavings, a touch of bite, and vanilla. He sniffed a little longer and said, "This reminds me a little of one of those lotions you used to wear when we were dating." Ah, yes, Victoria's Secret vanilla lotion. Every time I walked into a room after putting it on, I'd hear, "I smell chocolate chip cookies!" This does have that vanilla, baked goods undercurrent (especially on me).

As it dries, on him it seems to hold the wood shavings better then it does on me, although he keeps saying it smells like the lotion, and is picking up a lot of vanilla. On me, it goes all snuggly wood-puddingesque, and whispers sweet nothings in my ear while we take long walks on the beach. This really was my first "wood pudding" vibe love, and although it does remind me of Lune Feline (or vice versa) this one has a softer touch with the musk, a little more on the wood, and will always make my heart sigh and melt.

To me, this is the perfect autumn day fragrance. Dark low skies, cold temps, leaves falling from trees, and this on a scarf or wafting around you? Perfection.

On this gray, rainy, tropical storm incoming kind of day, I'm glad that this is what I picked out. It's a perfect reminder to find the joy, the light and bright and sparkly things that make our hearts happy, in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment