Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Escentric 02 by Escentric Molecules

I grabbed this one today because it was the biggest of the sample vials (and has a spray top). I've been wanting to try this one for a while, so was happy to go directly to it.

The Luckyscent notes for this are: Ambroxan, vetiver, muscone, orris, elderflower.

At first spray, it is bright and happy. But, when it lands on the skin it became a long sniff and then a, "Hmm I think this smells like a grandmother," from my husband lol. He is giving it the benefit of the doubt and promised to let it sit before he judges it much further.

On me, I get the ambroxan weaving among the vetiver and orris. The vetiver gives it a little bit of an edge (vetiver can go a bit astringent like on me, depending on how it is used), and I keep getting something that smells like a citrus note (which may also be the vetiver, but now I'm going to look up elderflower to see if could be contributing to that feel.

Interesting: Elderflower can range from floral-herbal to light and clean to even a bit balsamic, so I'm wondering if that is also contributing a bit to the astringent edge.

As it dries, it feels sheer, weightless. A light easy-to-wear fragrance, that almost feels a bit like being at a perfume counter where there's a bunch of smells vying for each other but somehow they all come together as you walk by.

Surprisingly, my husband just walked back to where I was and declared, "I like this. A lot!" For him, he gets a tiny bit of Irish Spring soap on one arm, but over all it gives him a slightly marine/sunny day feel.

That is a perfect description for this: If you need a recipe for happiness, this just might be it. It's hard to feel crabby or cranky when this light and bright fragrance is weaving around in the room, flirting on the skin, and sending smiles where it goes. I appreciate how sheer and weightless, how clean and bright, it comes across, while still having presence and staying power. Delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment